Project Log -- Updated 8/13/15 -- Pine Dining Room Set

This project came in when I was super busy, and so it took a lot longer than it should have.  Fortunately, this was a very patient customer and I made sure to give him my best work.  The job was a 6 chair and table pine dining room set + two leaves, complete refinishing to the original high gloss finish. 
I started with four of the chairs and then when those were done I picked up the other two chairs, table and leaves.  The chairs were in pretty rough shape and pine is not an easy wood to work with because it is so soft and absorbent.  I finally got them stripped and stained though.

I was fighting high humidity, so the chairs had to dry for a week before I could apply the top coats.  But they came out really well.  PATIENCE is the key to so much in this business.

Finally, it was time to strip and sand the leaves and table

 Again waiting for stain to dry.  For this project I used General Finishes Java Gel Stain.
 Then I built up the top coat and began the tedious and time consuming process of leveling and buffing the finish.

The end result of all of that labor . . .

This one is in the bag.


Popular posts from this blog

Project Log - Historic Restoration - Updated 10/28/2017

Project Log -- Dining Room Table Repairs

Project Log -- Display Cabinet -- Updated 6/20/17