Project Log -- Kitchen Set















The test chair came out pretty well.  I would like to have gotten the web a little tighter.
 Got the table stripped
and stained


 The wood came out a little lighter than I expected.  Still, it's very pretty grain.
The apron.

It's been a while since I've posted an update.  But here we go

The chairs are done and delivered.  The owner was very pleased with her chairs.



 Aren't you glad I don't make a living as a photographer?

This has been the bigger challenge.  The owner and I decided against restoring the "leather" centerpiece, and I was given artistic freedom to "fill the gap" as it were.  Here's what I came up with.  The outer ring is walnut, the wedges are maple and the centerpiece is walnut.  I still have a bit of finish work to do, but I expect to deliver within a week or two.  It's been a long project, but a satisfying one and this is for one of my favorite clients.  I'm sure she's going to be thrilled!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Log -- Dining Room Table Repairs

UPDATED: Project Log -- 1/29/2014 -- Belt Buckle Display Cabinet

Project Update -- 11/30/2015 Sewing Machine